Friday, July 30, 2010

#16 Hops and Barley on Upper Chest


My word of advice to all who can heed me, "Don't get a tattoo on thin skin unless you're sure you can take it." This guy could, but it nearly sent his fist in my face. Not really, but he was making more noise than anyone else so far. The very center of the chest is apparently an "are you sure?" area. The inking went very well. When I started shading, he was impressed with how realistic I was getting. He said that if he knew I was as skilled as I am, he would have planned for me to do more complex designs!


The client brews his own beer (which made the tip fun, *belch*), and it's an important part of who he is. He was tell you countless types of brews and their ingredients. He said he's even replicated a beer type by tasting it, making note of which yeasts and plants were used to create it, and made his own with excellent results. Seriously, it's an art form that I never knew about. He has plans to take this tattoo to further places on his upper body, but wanted to start with representing the barley and hops plants that are so important to the beer-brewing process.

Ending note: I got another, "This is so much better than I expected," remark from this one. I'm glad that the gracious people who are donating their skin to my learning process are happy with the results. I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. Nice, man; it looks really good. And yeah, I'm glad you liked my beer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno if I told you this before, but this tattoo is wicked awesome. Oh yeah, and - OUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave! My friends and I were talking tattoos when she found your blog online. I forgot that you told me about the blog... I was too busy whining and yapping about beer. :) I need to send you pictures of the waves to post!
    -Travis

    ReplyDelete