Sunday, June 27, 2010

#04 Cross Design with a Drop of Blood


UPDATE: We got through the waiting period to touch this tattoo up at last! Above, you can see the final result. The other photo on this post is from the first visit, where the contrast is not as high and the blood drop is not completely filled in. Connecting the original lines with the shadows was a piece of cake. I'm glad I took it easy, but probably won't be as paranoid next time. Read on to see the original post:

My client asked for me to create a design for him this time, rather than use one that was already available. He asked for a cross design with a single drop of blood, and I was happy to oblige. I sketched out the design on paper before importing it into Adobe Illustrator to make sure that the design was symmetrical. After that, it was only a matter of deciding for sure how big the drop of blood should be and where it should be placed.

During the process, I was very careful not to go over any area more than necessary this time, so there will definitely be a small amount of touching up necessary where the lines meet the cast shadows inside the cross, as well as the drop of blood itself. I will not repeat the mistake I made on the 5-point shuriken where the client's over-worked skin created a scar.

The client and I are very happy with this one. I'm excited for the final touches in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment