Tuesday, June 29, 2010

#05 Bull Horns

This was a new experience for me. A previous client's brother-in-law had a tattoo from years past done on his arm that he wanted filled in. No new design, just filling in!

The design itself was really cool. You can see the bull horns here, atop his forearm. The other side of the arm had a kind of wrist band image, making it look like he had a permanent leather and silver-studded band! But for whatever reason, his buddy never made the horns as detailed as the rest of it. So it's up to me.
The reason I say it's up to me, instead of it WAS, is because I'll need a second visit with this one. I got the black ink in there really well, as you can see. I love how the shading went in. But when I started using my blue ink, it only settled in a few places. His skin had already swollen, and it was either that that was our problem or my ink could not have been mixed thoroughly enough. He wanted these horns to be blue, so I kinda scratched my head. To protect the skin from too much at one time, he agreed to come back in a few weeks to get it finished.

This will be great when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment