Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Portrait of a Late Mother

This client is actually my mentor's wife. Well, I say mentor, but he's now more like just a boss. With this piece, I capped off my apprenticeship.

I chose to use a 3-tight bit on this face of this piece to help with fine details. When I do the same client's father's portrait tomorrow, I will only use the 3-tight on the actual places that need it and probably a 5-round on the rest of the face and hair. I like how everything turned out, but the 3-tight left some imperfections in her skin tones that I want to avoid.

As far as going light to dark, I'm happy with the result. I was very careful and had almost no unwanted marks. that's right. Of course, everyone is his/her own worst critic. The client is very happy with the tattoo, and so am I. I mean for a first-ever portrait, this is better than I would predict probable.

No comments:

Post a Comment