Tuesday, August 10, 2010

#20 Metal Gear Solid "!"

Well, it has been an excellent road so far in learning to tattoo. You all have helped me along the way, whether by giving me your support or your skin to work on. I am happy with the way things have gone!

There is something that must be done by a tattoo artist before he/she is considered "legitimate," for lack of a better word. That task is to give him/herself a tattoo. I have now accomplished this task for the first time! Albeit a small tattoo, only 1x2.5 inches. it was still a fun experience. ....except for the pain, but that's the whole idea.

Anyway, this design is from the Metal Gear Solid games. The idea is that you are supposed to sneak past your enemies without being noticed. But if they pick up a sound you make or see your footprints, a giant blue/green "!" pops up above their head. If they actually see you, a big red "!" pops up right before they call for help and... you die or escape. I chose the green mostly because I like the color better, but it can mean many things. I'll leave it up to you to think of them, if you so wish.


You'll notice that they don't look precisely the same. Sometimes they come in less clear, and I thought it would look cooler if the lines were not all perfect as you can see in the example. I'm so happy about this!

4 comments:

  1. Nope. Leg. It's the easiest place to access.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That takes balls dude - tattooing yourself? I'd go crazy! Mad kudos to you

    :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when you showed us this. I imagine it's probably kind of difficult tattooing yourself, but you did a fine job!

    ReplyDelete